Carrozz Touring Emblem
Carrozz Touring emblem for Ferrari 340.
To be fitted on the boot lid.
enameled Carrozzeria Touring emblem
Carrozzeria Touring was an automobile coachbuilder established on March 25, 1926 in Milan, Italy by Felice Bianchi Anderloni and Gaetano Ponzoni. Carrozzeria Touring became well known for both the beauty of its designs and patented superleggera construction methods (light weight construction)
After achieving success through the middle of the 20th century, business began to decline as automobile manufacturers replaced body-on-frame automobile construction with monocoque construction and increasingly took coachbuilding in-house. The original firm ceased production in 1966.
Anderloni’s first major project after the war was to create a body for the Ferrari barchetta’s (166-212-340), which debuted in 1948. Automotive design critic Robert Cumberford has referred to the body design for the barchetta’s as “One of the most charismatic shapes ever.” The egg-crate grill of the 166 became a signature Ferrari design element and is still in use by Ferrari today on the California.